Information regarding the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we shall inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data refers to all data which refer to you personally, i.e., name, address, email address, payment information, your user behaviour, IP address.
(2) Responsible person according to Article 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Schulte Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Tel.: + 49 (0) 2351 / 94 81-0
Fax: + 49 (0) 2351 / 4 26 58
You can contact our Data Protection Officer as follows:
Höveler Weg 2
Tel: + 49 (0) 2353 9096 31
Fax: + 49 (0) 2353 9096 49
(3) If we wish to use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the respective processes. We also specify the fixed criteria for the retention period.
General information on data processing
(1) We collect and use personal data of our users only to the extent necessary to provide a functional website and our content and services. The collection and use of personal data of our users takes place regularly only with the consent of the user. An exception applies in those cases in which prior consent cannot be obtained for actual reasons and the processing of the data is permitted by statutory provisions.
(2) Insofar as we obtain the consent of the person concerned for the processing of personal data, Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR serves as the legal basis. In the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a contracting party, Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations required to carry out pre-contractual activities. To the extent that processing of personal data is required to fulfil a legal obligation that governs our business, Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR serves as the legal basis. In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Article 6 (1) (d) GDPR serves as the legal basis. If the processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms of the person concerned do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing.
(3) The personal data of the data subject shall be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of the retention no longer applies. Retention may also take place if the European or national legislator has provided for this in Union regulations, laws or other provisions to which the person responsible is subject. The data shall also be blocked or deleted if a retention period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires, unless it is necessary for further retention of the data for the conclusion or performance of a contract.
(4) We may also share your personal information with third parties when we offer promotions, sweepstakes, contracts or similar services with partners. You will receive further information on this when you enter your personal data, or in the description of the offer below. If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
(1) You have the following rights with respect to the personal data concerning yourself:
a) Right to information
You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether the data in question will be processed and to be informed of such data and to obtain further information and a copy of the data in accordance with Article 15 GDPR.
b) Right of rectification
You have according to Article 16 GDPR the right to request the completion of data concerning you or the correction of incorrect data concerning you.
c) Right to cancellation or restriction of processing
You have the right, pursuant to Article 17 of the GDPR, to request that the data concerned be deleted immediately or, alternatively, to request a restriction on the processing of the data pursuant to Article 18 of the GDPR.
d) Right to data transferability
You have the right to demand that the data relating to you, which you have provided to us, be obtained in accordance with Article 20 GDPR and request their transmission to other responsible persons.
(2) You also have the right to complain about us regarding the processing of your personal data to the competent data protection supervisory authorities. For us, this is the Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information in North Rhine-Westphalia (ldi): https://www.ldi.nrw.de/
Opposition or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this at any time in accordance with the provisions of Article 7 (3) GDPR. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have announced it to us.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on a weighing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case, if the processing is not necessary in particular for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which is represented by us in each case with the following description of the functions. In the event of such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data in the way that we have. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the facts and either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out our compelling, worthy of protection reasons on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
You can of course object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us about your advertising objections under the following contact data: Schulte-Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG, Jüngerstr. 21, 58515 Lüdenscheid, Germany, Tel.: + 49 (0) 2351 / 94 81 0, Fax: + 49 (0) 2351 / 4 26 58,
Deletion of data
The data processed by us will be deleted in accordance with Articles 17 and 18 GDPR or their processing will be restricted. Unless expressly stated in this data protection declaration, the data stored by us will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for their intended purpose and there are no legal obligations to retain them. If the data are not deleted because they are required for other and legally permissible purposes, their processing will be restricted. This means that the data will be blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to data that must be stored for commercial or tax purposes. In accordance with legal requirements in Germany, the documents are stored in particular for 6 years in accordance with section 257 (1) HGB (German Commercial Code) (commercial books, inventories, opening balance sheets, annual financial statements, commercial letters, accounting records, etc.) and for 10 years in accordance with section 147 (1) AO (German Tax Code) (books, records, management reports, accounting records, commercial and business letters, documents relevant for taxation, etc.).
Transfer of data to third countries
If we process data in a third country (i.e. outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA)) or if this is done in the context of the use of third-party services or disclosure or transfer of data to third parties, this will only occur if it is done to fulfil our (pre)contractual obligations, on the basis of your consent, a legal obligation or on the basis of our legitimate interests. Subject to legal or contractual permissions, we process or allow the data to be processed in a third country only if the special requirements of Article 44 et seq. GDPR. This means that the processing takes place, for example, on the basis of special guarantees, such as the officially recognised determination of a data protection level corresponding to the EU (e.g. for the USA through the "Privacy Shield") or the observance of officially recognised special contractual obligations (so-called "standard contractual clauses").
Data collection on our website (logfiles)
(1) If you only use the website for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Article 6 (1) p. 1 (f) GDPR:
a) IP address,
b) Date and time of the request,
c) Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
d) Contents of request (actual page),
e) Access status/HTTP-status code,
f) Respectively transmitted data quantities,
g) Which website the request is coming from,
i) Operating system and its interface,
j) Language and browser software version.
(2) The data will also be stored anonymously in the log files of our system. Retention of this data together with other personal data of the user does not take place. The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The data is stored in log files in order to ensure the functionality of the website. The data also serves to optimise the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. An evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by the person concerned.
(3) The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. In the case of the collection of data to provide the website, this is the case when the respective session is terminated. The collection of data for the provision of the website and the storage of data in log files is mandatory for the operation of the website. There is consequently no opt-out option on the part of the user.
To protect the transmission of confidential content that you send to us (for example orders, inquiries), this website uses a so-called SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognize them by the padlock symbol in your browser line. At the same time, the address line changes from "http://" to . This means that third parties cannot read this data.
(2) Temporary cookies, or "session cookies" or "transient cookies", are cookies that are deleted after a user leaves an online offer and closes his browser. The contents of a shopping basket in an online shop or a login status, for example, can be stored in such a cookie. Cookies that are referred to as "permanent" or "persistent" remain stored even after the browser is closed. For example, the login status can be saved if users re-visit after several days.
(3) You can deactivate the setting of cookies by our website at any time by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser you are using and thus permanently prevent the setting of cookies. Furthermore, cookies that have already been set can be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This can also be done automatically. This is possible in all common Internet browsers. The functionality of the site may be restricted if cookies have been disabled.
Use of our contact form
A contact form is available on our website, which can be used for electronic contact. If a user makes use of this option, the data entered in the input mask will be transmitted to us and stored. These data are: First name, surname, company, sector, street, house number, postcode, town, E-mail address and telephone number. At the time the message is sent, the following data will also be stored: IP address of the user, date and time of registration.
For the processing of the data, your consent is obtained during the registration process and reference is made to this data protection declaration. Alternatively, it is possible to contact us via e-mail addresses provided on our website. In this case, the personal data of the user transmitted with the e-mail will be stored. In this context there is no transfer of the data to third parties. The data will be used exclusively for the processing of the conversation. The legal basis for the processing of the data is the consent of the user Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of the data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. If the purpose of the e-mail contact is to conclude a contract, there is an additional legal basis for the processing, namely, Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR. The processing of the personal data from the input mask serves us exclusively for the processing of the establishment of contact. In the case of contact by e-mail, this also constitutes the necessary legitimate interest in the processing of the data. The other personal data processed during the sending process serve to prevent misuse of the contact form and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary for the purpose of its collection. For the personal data from the input mask of the contact form and those sent by e-mail, this is the case when the respective conversation with the user has ended. This shall be assumed if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the relevant facts have been finally clarified. The additional personal data collected during the sending process will be deleted by no later than after a period of seven days. The user has the possibility to revoke his consent to the processing of personal data at any time. If the user contacts us by e-mail, he can object to the storage of his personal data at any time. In such a case, however, the conversation cannot continue. In this case, all personal data stored in the course of establishing contact will be deleted.
Registration possibilities on our website for the use of the download area
(1) You can register on our website to use our download area. For this it is necessary that you enter your personal data, which we need for the processing of your download request. The mandatory information required for the processing is marked separately, further information is voluntary. We process the data submitted by you to carry out your download request. The legal basis for the processing of the data is in the case of your consent Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR. If the purpose of registration is to fulfil a contract to which the user is a party or to carry out pre-contractual measures, the additional legal basis for the processing of the data is Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR. The legal basis is also Article 6 (1) p. 1 (f) GDPR.
(2) For the registration for download purposes we use the so-called double opt-in procedure, i.e. your registration is only complete if you have previously confirmed your registration by clicking on the link contained in a confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose.
(3) If you use our portal, we store your data necessary for the fulfilment of the contract until you finally delete your access or declare the revocation of your data use. Furthermore, we store the voluntary data provided by you for the duration of your use of our website, unless you delete it beforehand. You can manage and change all data in the protected customer area.
Use of our online configurator
Our website offers a so-called "Online Configurator", with which you can configure a selection of our products as a preconfigured model or individually with live components or components for data processing or multimedia terminals and request a personal quotation.
You can use the contact form to make product-related enquiries to us or to selected dealers with whom we work. If a user makes use of this option, the data entered in the input mask will be transmitted to and stored exclusively by us or the dealers selected by us. These data are: company, first name, surname, street, house number, post code, town, telephone, e-mail, country, quantity required / your comments.
Your enquiry will be forwarded to us by e-mail via our provider together with your aforementioned details and the information on the selected product.
For the processing of the data, your consent is obtained during the registration process and reference is made to this data protection declaration. In this context, the data will not be passed on to third parties other than the dealers selected by us. The data will be used exclusively for your inquiry. Legal basis for the processing of personal data is Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
The user has the possibility at any time to revoke his consent to the processing of personal data directly with the respective manufacturer, as we - as explained above - do not receive any information about this process.
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The goods and services advertised are specified in the declaration of consent. Which personal data is transferred to the person responsible for processing when ordering the newsletter results from the input mask used for this purpose.
(2) For legal reasons, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure to register for our newsletter. This means that after your registration we will send you an e-mail to the given e-mail address in which we will ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store the IP addresses you use and the dates of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) Your e-mail address is the only mandatory information required for sending the newsletter. The indication of further, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation we retain your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Article 6 (1) p. 1 (a) GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to receive the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare your revocation by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, [via this website form] by e-mail to Newsletter@schulte.com or by sending a message to the contact details given in the legal notices.
(5) We would like to point out that we evaluate your user behaviour when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the e-mails sent contain so-called tracking pixels, which represent one-pixel image files stored on our website. The data obtained from this is collected exclusively under a pseudonym, so the evaluation of your user behaviour is not linked to your other personal data; a direct personal reference is excluded. You may object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in each e-mail or by informing us of another contact method. The information is stored as long as you are subscribed to the newsletter. After a de-registration we store the data purely statistically and anonymously.
Data protection policy of reCAPTCHA
(1) We have integrated the service reCAPTCHA into our website. Provider of reCAPTCHA is Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. This is a service that protects our website from spam and abuse. reCAPTCHA is designed to prevent automated software (so-called bots) from carrying out abusive activities on the website. This involves checking whether the entries made (e.g. in online forms) actually originate from a human being. In order to establish this, the following data in particular shall be collected and processed:
- Referrer (address of the page on which the captcha is used),
- IP address of the user, Google account (if the user is registered with Google, this is recognised and assigned).
- The input behaviour of the user (e.g. answering the reCAPTCHA question, input speed into the form fields, order of selection of the input fields by the user) is used to improve pattern recognition at Google. Browser, browser size and resolution, browser plugins, date, language setting
- Mouse or touch events within the page
- Screenshot of the Browser window
(2) Google also reads cookies from other Google services such as Gmail, Search and Analytics. All data mentioned will be sent encrypted to Google. Google's subsequent evaluation determines the form in which the captcha is displayed on the page - e.g. in the form of a checkbox or text input. A reading or saving of personal data from the input fields of the respective form does not take place.
(4) If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising through Google marketing services, you can use the settings and opt-outs provided by Google: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
Data protection for job applications
If you send us a job application via our website, we will use this data exclusively for the purpose of processing the application. Processing may also be carried out electronically if you send us the relevant application documents electronically, for example by e-mail or via a web form on the website. If we conclude an employment contract with you on the basis of this application, the transmitted data will be stored for the purpose of processing the employment relationship in compliance with the statutory provisions. However, if we do not conclude an employment contract with you, the application documents will be automatically deleted six months after notification of the rejection decision.
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA (“Google”). Web analysis is the acquisition, collection and evaluation of data on the behaviour of visitors to Internet sites. Google Analytics uses so-called "Cookies", text files which are stored on your computer and which enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is generally transferred to a Google server in the USA and retained there. If you activate IP anonymity on this website, Google will, however, truncate your IP address prior to this within European union member states or in other states that are party to the Agreement in the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement for the exceptional cases in which personal information is transferred to the U.S., thereby providing a guarantee of compliance with European data protection law. (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active). The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 (1) p. 1 (f) GDPR.
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services to website operators in connection with website activity and internet usage. We use Google Analytics to analyse and improve the use of our website. The statistics acquired allow us to regularly improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user.
(2) The IP address that your browser transmits within the scope of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies using the corresponding setting in your browser software; however, we would advise that in this case, you may not be able to use all functions of this website in full. You may also prevent cookie storage and cookie-generated data collection related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google, as well as prevent Google from processing these data, by downloading and installing a plug-in which is available via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizepIp()". This means that IP addresses are further processed in a shortened form, thus excluding the possibility of personal references.
Use and application of Google AdWords
(1) We use the offer of Google AdWords to draw attention to our attractive offers with the help of advertising media (so-called Google AdWords) on external websites. In relation to the data of the advertising campaigns, we can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. We pursue with it the interest of showing you advertisements, which is of interest to you, to make our website more interesting for you and to achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs. Google AdWords allows an advertiser to pre-define keywords that will be used to display an ad in Google's search engine results only when the user uses the search engine to retrieve a keyword relevant search result. The company operating the Google AdWords services is Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA. The purpose of Google AdWords is to promote our website by displaying advertisements of interest on the websites of third parties and in the search results of the Google search engine and by displaying third-party advertisements on our website.
(2) These advertising media are delivered by Google via so-called "Ad Servers". For this purpose, we use Ad Server Cookies, which can be used to measure certain parameters such as the display of ads or clicks by users. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google AdWords will store a conversation cookie on your PC. These conversation cookies usually lose their validity after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. The unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (marking that the user no longer wishes to be addressed) are usually stored as analysis values for this cookie.
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognize your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an AdWords customer's website and the cookie stored on their computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer may recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was directed to that page. Each AdWords customer is assigned a different cookie. Therefore cookies cannot be retraced via the websites of AdWords customers. We ourselves do not collect and process any personal data in the aforementioned advertising measures. We only receive statistical evaluations from Google. On the basis of these evaluations, we can identify which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data from the use of the advertising media, in particular we cannot identify the users on the basis of this information.
(4) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence on the extent and further use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge: Through the integration of AdWords, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding part of our website or clicked on an advertisement from us. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may find out and store your IP address.
(5) Each time you visit our website, personal data, including the IP address of the Internet connection used by the person concerned, will be transmitted to and stored by Google in the United States of America. Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement, providing a guarantee of compliance with European data protection law, (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active).
(6) You prevent our website from setting cookies in various ways: a) by setting your browser software accordingly, in particular by suppressing third-party cookies, you will not receive any third-party advertisements; b) by deactivating cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the "www.googleadservices.com" domain, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, whereby this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies; c) by disabling the interest-based ads of the providers that are part of the About Ads self-regulatory campaign via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies; d) by permanently disabling it in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers via the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We would like to inform you however, that if you do so, you may not be able to fully use all the functions on this website.
(7) Legal basis for the processing of your data is Article 6 (1) p. 1 (f) GDPR. You can find more information about data protection at Google here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Web site at www.networkadvertising.org. Google has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Integration of Google Maps
(1) On our website we use the offer of Google Maps. This enables us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to conveniently use the map function. Within our website, we place great emphasis on our legitimate interests (i.e. interest in the analysis, optimisation and economic operation of our online offer in the sense of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR) content or service offerings from Google Maps in order to integrate their content and services.
(2) When you visit our website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. This occurs regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged into or whether there is no user account. If you're logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not want your profile to be associated with Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the design of its website in line with requirements. Such evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) in order to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, but you must contact Google to exercise this right.